Definitions and interception
- collectively all information that you submit to Aqumen Freight Management Ltd via the website. This definition incorporated, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
- A small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used are set out in the clause below;
Data Protection Laws
- Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the directive 96/46/EC (Data Protective Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
- The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Aqumen Freight Management Ltd, we or us
- Aqumen Freight Management Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 04861439 whose registered office is Ckr House, 70 East Hill, Dartford, Kent, DA1 1RZ
UK and EU Cookie Law
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
- Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i)employed by WS Transportation Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged or otherwise providing such services
- The website that you are currently using, www.aqumenuk.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless excluded by their terms and conditions.
a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c) a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d) “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e) reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Aqumen Freight Management Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Aqumen Freight Management Ltd determines the purposes for which and how your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
c) job title;
d) contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
e) demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a) data is given to you us by you
b) data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Aqumen Freight Management Ltd will collect your Data in several ways, for example:
a) when you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
b) when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
c) when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
d) when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you visit the website, we will collect your data automatically, for example:
a) we automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b) we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a) internal record keeping;
b) improvement of our products/services;
c) transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
d) contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, phone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are unsatisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a) soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services).
Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt out.
b) for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c) if you are not satisfied with our marketing approach, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed ''Your rights" below.
Whom we share Data with
12. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a) our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from professional advisers;
Keeping Data secure
13. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a) access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b) we store your Data on secure servers.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
15. If you want detailed information about getting Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights to your Data:
a) Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we reject your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b) Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c) Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d) Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit how we can use it.
e) Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data
f) Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use It for our legitimate interests.
19. To make enquiries exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent Is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make about your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (IGO). The ICC's contact details can be found on their website at https://lco.org.uk/.
21. the Data we hold about you must be accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes in business ownership and control
24. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
25. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. All Cookies used by this Website are used by current UK and EU Cookie Law.
28. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Aqumen Freight Management Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
29. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie: Analytical/performance cookies
Purpose: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
30. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
31. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
32. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
33. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
36. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy, will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
37. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Aqumen Freight Management Ltd by email at email@example.com